Caring for Silk
There's a rumor that laundering 100% silk sheets is difficult and time-consuming. For Celestial Silk products, this is simply not true.
Mulberry silk sheets from Celestial Silk are made with your lifestyle in mind. Follow the care guidelines below for optimal appearance and durability of your mulberry silk pillowcases and pure silk sheet sets.
- Machine wash in cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use delicate detergent meant for fine materials. (Never use bleach.)
Ideally, minimize spin time to keep silk's shiny luster.
- Like all delicate materials, air dry inside if possible, for optimal durability and appearance. (Prolonged sun exposure will harm your silk, so do not hang outside to dry on bright sunny days).
- It is not recommended (the silk may weaken or loose some of its luster) But...If you must use a dryer, tumble on cool, delicate or air-fluff setting. Remove sheets when 80-85% dry.
- If you would like to iron, use the silk setting when slightly damp. Always iron the inside to maximize the silk's sheen.
- Silk sheets do not like sharp objects, so keep pets off of silk bedding for optimal durability and appearance.